Chamber Micro Groups
Using all of what the Chamber does well in large groups, to cultivate and inspire small “Micro Group” opportunities to learn and make meaningful connections for all of our members.
START A GROUP, JOIN A GROUP
Micro Groups are born from the desire of Chamber members to have small group opportunities to connect, share, and learn in an open environment with fellow members and guests. Anyone with this shared desire and a group idea can start and be a point person of a group. Others can join and participate. When you come, be prepared to share and learn in a conversational environment. When you leave a group, be prepared to share it with others.
BEING A POINT PERSON
As a point person, you get to establish a topic. Responsibilities beyond that are to pick a place and time for your group to meet and communicate that to your group. You’ll serve as the moderator at your Micro Group gatherings, but not be required to present or lead beyond that. On occasion the Chamber will ask you to report on your groups participation. That is all.
NO SPECTATORS, ONLY PARTICIPANTS
Group attendees should come with a spirit of sharing relevant knowledge, information and news pertinent to your group’s topic. Individual group members should always be looking to contribute in some way to support the gathering. Presentations by group members are fine if desired, but should not be required – and should always be done in the spirit of sharing and learning, NOT SELLING!
GUIDELINES FOR MICRO GROUPS
- Groups should be between 3 to 10 members in size. These are Micro Groups after all!
- Maintain a spirit of learning and sharing at all times.
- Talk and share about what you do professionally, but do not sell.
- Allow presentations if your group chooses, though do not require. Presentations promoting specific commercial products or companies are discouraged. Share knowledge!
- No tourists, everyone joins in conversations. Ask questions and be an interactive participant.
- Groups can exist as long as the group desires, and you can participate in as many groups as you desire.
- All group members must be members in good standing to participate.
- Any member that misses more than 2 sessions will be removed from the group.
CURRENT MICRO GROUPS
|Small Business||Lead: Coming Soon||FORMING NOW!|
|Small business people who use each other as sounding boards & sources of ideas and inspiration about issues that are most pressing|
|Entrepreneur||Lead: Coming Soon||FORMING NOW!|
|Leander group that discusses becoming an entrepreneur including economic, environmental, social and financial considerations.|
|Branding, Blogging, Email, Social Media & Coffee||Lead: Jennifer Denham
|A group for anyone who wants to learn about and discuss these topics|
|Women in Business
||Lead: Coming Soon
|Discussing and supporting women in leadership roles; Discussions may focus on training, staff, business growth, succession, etc.|
|Nonprofit Professionals||Lead: Jeff Johnson||FORMING NOW!|
|To help nonprofit professionals with marketing, problem solving, strategy and referrals|
|Large Business||Lead: Coming Son||FORMING NOW!|
|Large business (25+ employees) professionals who use each other as sounding boards & sources of ideas and inspiration about issues that are most pressing.|
Email email@example.com to start a group or join a group.