Leadership Leander Program
The 2017 class has been selected. Applications for the 2018 class will be available in January.
DEVELOPING COMMUNITY LEADERS
Leadership Leander is a nine month education and development “series” packed with the very best course curriculum. The series features the best local and outside leaders/speakers, and the best eyewitness, hands-on tours and field trips of community facilities, services and venues. The basis of the series is observation and interactive participation on a once a month basis, with limited homework and with a minimum of interim assignments.
The series is structured so that the participants of Leadership Leander can access information and learn to be better leaders in a format that encourages lifelong business relationships.
- Leaders who are knowledgeable about economic trends, local needs and resources, and alternative development strategies.
- Leaders who can translate this knowledge into new strategies to stimulate the economy.
- Leaders who can mobilize people and resources to improve the community’s future.
- Leaders who can assist their communities in discovering a vision of their future.
Benefits & payoffs to the individual:
* Leadership skills
* Enhanced Confidence
* Group Experiences
* New Friendships
* Local Networking
* Community Awareness
Benefits & payoff to the employer:
* Well-trained employee with leadership skills
* Motivated employee with confidence
* Employee aware of state and local facilities and resources
Benefits & payoff to the community:
* New emerging leaders
* Leaders with tools to take leadership positions in business
* New leaders who volunteer and serve in the community
Leadership Leander is held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from Feb. through Sept. A Welcome Happy Hour will be held in Feb. and graduation is held on Sept. 30th at Leander’s Best Party Ever VIP Reception. Your fee includes all classes, meals, and a ticket to Leander’s Best Party Ever.
Application requirements include:
- 21 years of age or older
- Live or work in the Leander area for at least one year prior to application.
- Not a candidate for public office at time of application.
For information, contact the chamber office at 512-259-1907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.