- Linton Hall, Virginia
- Little Elm, Texas
- Leander, Texas
- Lehi, Utah
- Sammamish, Washington
- Brentwood, Tennessee
- Flower Mound, Texas
- Cedar Park, Texas
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- Plainfield, Illinois
October 5, 2017
August 28, 2017
AUSTIN – ROUND ROCK – SAN MARCOS MSA
May 2017 Job Postings Report Overview
- Lots of hiring. 5,400 more people employed between March 2017 and April 2017.
- Many job openings, but fewer than a year ago. 41,100 Available Job Postings during May 2017, or 2,100 less compared to May 2016.
- Job postings in May 2017 is lower than May of past three years. The Austin MSA saw more than 42,000 Available Job Postings in 2014, 2015 and 2016 but is below 42,000 in May 2017.
- Demand for Tech talent remains high. Software Developers-Applications replaced Registered Nurses as the top posted occupation since March 2017. The annual median wage for Software Developers-Applications in the Austin MSA increased from $99,420 […]
The City of Leander recently awarded CMP Management, an Austin-based management service
provider for professional associations, a $20,000 grant as part of its Old Town Incentive
Program after the company committed to relocate to the City’s Old Town District earlier this
“CMP is exactly the type of company Leander is looking to attract,” says the City’s Economic
Development Director Mark Willis, “they diversify the employment base, bring quality jobs to
the City and allow more of our population to remain close to home in regards to their work
CMP Management currently has 18 employees and 24 clients, and owners Carolyn and Joel
Price have witnessed 20 percent annual growth at the company over the last five years. Both
are pleased […]
Grow your small business with LinkedIn by using these seven proven tactics.
There are nearly 30 million small businesses in the United States, but only half of them will make it past five years. To ensure your small business is in the successful half, we encourage you to capitalize on the various ways LinkedIn can evolve your business.
With LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, you can generate leads, produce sales, and hire top professionals to fuel your growth. Here are seven ways to grow your business using LinkedIn:
1. Create a LinkedIn Company Page
July 26, 2017
Using Experian’s licensed dataset, LendEDU ranked every Texas town according to their average credit score. Leander ranked in the top 150 at #74.
The full report and methodology can be found here: https://lendedu.com/blog/ranking-texas-towns-cities-credit-score/
Having financially secure residents is very important, and Leander has some of the most financially secure in all of Texas.
Before I worked at the Leander Chamber, I would have never gone to a Chamber Gala. Frankly, the idea of attending something like that seemed old and boring to me. Obviously, I no longer feel this way because now I know it is anything but old and boring. I would like to share with you why attending is fun, valuable, and important for the community.
1. It’s an extremely well-planned party where all you need to do is show up and enjoy yourself!
While I don’t know what the philosophy was behind the Gala 90 years ago, I can tell you that the Gala Committee works hard to make each year’s Gala is the best party ever. We spend hours […]
- Austin added 28,300 net new jobs, growth of 2.8%, in the 12 months ending in May, making Austin the 12th fastest growing major metro.
- Transportation, warehousing and utilities was the fastest growing industry in the Austin MSA, increasing jobs by 6.7% (1,100 jobs) over the last 12 months. Education and healthcare added the most jobs—6,400 (5.5%).
- Outpacing private industry growth for the second month in a row.Austin manufacturing jobs grew 3.2% year-over-year.
- Austin’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate is 3.3%, unchanged from April. The rate was 3.1% one year ago.
June 19, 2017
St. David’s HealthCare celebrated the groundbreaking of a new healthcare facility in Leander in May. Construction is beginning with a freestanding emergency center, which is expected to open this fall. Remaining plans for the 52-acre site include a full-service hospital with 80 beds.
In a new study, SmartAsset analyzed 87 Texas cities to find the best places to raise a family in the Lone Star State, and Leander takes the number one spot!
Leander offers some of the best education opportunities in the state. The city has a graduation rate of 96%, the seventh-highest rate in the study. And kids here aren’t just graduating, they are excelling. About 33% of students take at least one AP exam, and over 73% of students who took an AP exam scored a 3 or greater. For both of those metrics, Leander ranks in the top 10.
Details on the study, including full methodology and rankings, can be found here:
In a recent report, SafeWise.com ranked Leander no. 26 among its 50 safest cities in Texas for 2017.
To identify safe cities, SafeWise.com reviewed the most recent Federal Bureau of Investigation crime report statistics and 2015 population data from Texas cities with more than 10,000 in population. Cities were then organized based on the number of reported violent crimes (aggravated assault, murder, rape, and robbery) and property crimes (burglary, arson, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft) per 1000 people, on average.
Leander has been ranked a top-50 safest city by SafeWise.com for four consecutive years.